Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feb. 12th

This seems a day as good as any to start posting here. ----and although I haven't yet been on the blog and read your comments, I do love what Shelly has done and appreciate her diligent work. It will be fun to see everyone and to have you guys out to the farm for supper and fun the night before ----I don't get o-o-s (out of school) until June 9th ! Time is short to get there and make sure the toilets are running before you come and fish (is anybody really going to?)... !! I'm doing well, I can't complain. I'm teaching at a great MS in FW on "the northside". 95% of the children are Hispanic---they are great kids. I thought about working on my Spanish but I couldn't remember our Spanish teacher's name so I thought that eliminated the possibilities for me to learn. -----ok, I'm gonna go see if I can read some of the comments on the blog. Hope this finds all of you well and happy. nan

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dear Nancy:

Thank you for opening your farm to the Alumni for socializing, fishing and tackle fun,just hanging out and causing you all sorts of trouble. I know everyone is excited about the grub especially, that's not changed for sure. Most people are sending me emails instead of posting remarks on the Alumni blog. I welcome any blog postings, as I am feeling a little lonely out here in blogger land.

It would be very special if Alumni would post some remarks or stories about our Alumni in Memoriam. I twist you arm a tad, Nan and ask you to read the Alumni in Memoriam poem I wrote and post something there. Love ya for it, as will the class. Someone needs to stick their toe in the water...

My husband speaks fluent Spanish, has taught criminal justices classes in Spanish for Los Angeles Police Department, investigations, a Spanish for Law Enforcement Homeland Security crash course for the Federal government. I have a tourist command of the language, since my husband allow me to crutch off him--shame on me!. But if you want a real learning tool shoot me an email and I send you a couple tested programs. Promise they will be good.

Warmest personal regards,

Shelley

Shelley HERNDON Reyes
Toll free: 877.884.8607 PST

Joe said...

Nancy,
So how is the throwing arm or should I say casting arm? If you went to my blog you saw why I ask. Anyway, I plan on fishing but will not have any gear since I am flying. Do you have some at the farm I may use?

I shall bring my sister Libby who is very excited about seeing you again. She actually screamed a little bit with excitement when I asked her to join me. She has developed into quite the horsewoman since our parents died last year. She owns two horses a mare and a gelding. Dorothy cannot make the trip so I asked Libby to your place and Allison (my cousin whom I am staying with in Pontotoc) to come to the Saturday reunion events.

Fishing in Montana continues to be blue ribbon. I know the spots in the rivers as well as lakes and creeks where there is always an abundance. Hunting is always at its peak with two or more tags filled. I always give at least one animal to the rescue mission in Great Falls. This past season my daughter Allison and her husband Brian joined me for the hunt. The rancher took us out in his 4x4 crew cab Ford and showed me where all of the whitetail deer were. I filled my A tag with a nice buck and my B tag with a doe. My larder is full of venison, elk and fish.

Nancy, we certainly look forward to seeing you and the farm. I have such wonderful memories of visiting you and both your mom and dad there. One memory that stands out is the time you, your dad and I went rabbit hunting. Nothing but good memories!

Joe